This section generates a properly formatted and ready-to-use file that you can
use as an input file for the ACD (Association Cluster Detector) software*.
1. Enter a Description to identify the process in the top box.
2. Select the field that will be used to segregate cases from controls and
which value is associated with either of them.
3. You can choose Batch Mode:
This is a fundamental time-saving feature. Selecting one of the fields in
the Samples or SNP table, SNPator will run this process as many
times as different values are in that fields, using each time only those samples or SNPs that have each of the values. For instance, if you
have defined your samples in the "sex" field as "M" or "W", selecting
"sex" as the attribute of the Sample batch mode will result in having
two runs of the ACD format retrieval, taking separately men and
If you select at the same time sample and SNP batch fields, you are
going to obtain as many runs of the process as all possible
combinations of the values of samples and SNPs in the fields you
4. The resulting ACD input file is sent to the User Results section. It will be a
*.zip file containing several files:
This is the ACD input file.
SNPator information to identify the job: date, time, user, study
- Marques-Bonet T., Oscar Lao, Robert Goertsches, Manuel Comabella, Xavier Montalban,
Arcadi Navarro. Association Cluster Detector: a tool for heuristic detection of association
clusters in whole-genome scans. Bioinformatics 2005 , 21 (s2):180-181.