The Upload Samples page allows the user to incorporate data for the Samples included in a Study from an XML file.
In order to make easier for user to generate the XML files, SNPator provides
some Excel files in the Public downloads section. These Excel files
incorporate a macro that creates XML files from the spreadsheet.
A possible way to proceed (by no means the only one) would be as follows:
1. Download the Excel files from the Public downloads section:
2. Extract the Excel files from the *.tar file into your local disc.
3. Open the file samples.xls (remember that this file contains macros, so you
must set your Excel options to allow macros). The file must look like this:
4. The first two rows of the spreadsheet must be kept untouched (unless you
have defined new Descriptors). All the information you want to upload into SNPator via XML must be entered into the remaining rows. Only the "code"
field is mandatory. The rest of fields may or may not be needed depending on
the kind of analysis you plan to perform with SNPator.
The "code" field must coincide with the Sample code already present in SNPator. Otherwise the Sample will be discarded and no information for it
will be uploaded.
If you have defined some Descriptors for this study, you can add their
names in the second row, just after the names of the standard fields. It is very
important that these names match exactly the name of the descriptor you
entered in the Descriptors Administration section.
5. Once you have entered all the data in the spreadsheet, you should execute
the macro embedded in it:
Just give a name to the XML file that is going to be created and click OK:
You now have a XML file ready to upload into SNPator.